First Round 2014 MLB Mock Draft (6/4/14)
1. Astros - SS Nick Gordon (Olympia High School)
2. Marlins - C Alex Jackson (Rancho Bernardo High School)
3. White Sox - LHP Brady Aiken (Cathedral Catholic High School)
4. Cubs - LHP Carlos Rodon (NC State)
5. Twins - RHP Tyler Kolek (Shepherd High School)
6. Mariners - LHP Sean Newcomb (Hartford)
7. Phillies - RHP Grant Holmes (Conway High School)
8. Rockies - RHP Aaron Nola (LSU)
9. Blue Jays - SS Trea Turner (NC State)
10. Mets - LHP Kyle Freeland (Evansville)
11. Blue Jays - RHP Touki Toussaint (Coral Springs Christian Academy)
12. Brewers - LHP Brandon Finnegan (TCU)
13. Padres - C Max Pentecost (Kennesaw State)
14. Giants - RHP Jeff Hoffman (East Carolina)
15. Angels - OF Michael Conforto (Oregon State)
16. Diamondbacks - RHP Tyler Beede (Vanderbilt)
17. Royals - OF Bradley Zimmer (San Francisco)
18. Nationals - SS Jacob Gatewood (Clovis High School)
19. Reds - RHP Sean Reid-Foley (Sandalwood High School)
20. Rays - C Kyle Schwarber (Indiana)
21. Indians - 1B Casey Gillaspie (Witchita State)
22. Dodgers - LHP Kodi Medeiros (Waiskea High School)
23. Tigers - RHP Nick Burdi (Louisville)
24. Pirates - OF Monte Harrison (Lee's Summit West High School)
25. Athletics - RHP Erick Fedde (UNLV)
26. Red Sox - OF Derek Hill (Elk Grove High School)
27. Cardinals - RHP Luis Ortiz (Sanger High School)
28. Royals - OF Michael Gettys (Gainesville High School)
29. Reds - 1B AJ Reed (Kentucky)
30. Rangers - SS Ti'quan Forbes (Columbia High School)
31. Indians -3B Michael Chavis (Sprayberry High School)
32. Braves - LHP Foster Griffin (First Academy)
33. Red Sox - LHP/RF Alex Verdugo (Sahuaro High School)
34. Cardinals - 1B Braxton Davidson (T.C. Roberson High School)
-Still going with Gordon at 1.1 at this time even though tons still have Aiken there. Really don't think Gordon is a smokescreen.
-Marlins front office is seemingly going to win out and get Alex Jackson, the best bat in the draft.
-Still think Twins and Kolek are made for each other. People at the top still seemed to be scared off by Kolek.
-The Phillies aren't going to take a college arm or else Nola will be coming back to LSU next year.
-Blue Jays are heating up on Trea Turner.
-Freeland has gone up and down on mock drafts, but has been linked to the Mets numerous times. Think people view Nola as a better arm, which I disagree with.
-Had to choose between Toussaint and Hoffman at 11. Tough choice, but think they go with the higher ranked Toussaint at this point.
-Nationals could go Fedde at 18, but if Gatewood is there, they take him instead.
-Nick Burdi is the only lock in this draft, going to the Tigers at 23.
-Offchance Ortiz goes ahead of 27, but the Cards really want him.
-Indians seem to be going in on Chavis if he's still there
-Verdugo leaps onto the board, as he could go higher, but the Red Sox are the most likely destination at 33.
Comments/Questions for me can be sent on Twitter to @Beisbolsblog
Database of several mocks at http://dcprosportsreport.com/MLBMocks.htm